A miniature split heat pump can often be the best solution for a home that doesn’t already have any ducts. They can be perfect for colder climates as they will produce heat that will warm the surrounding area up and they are also equally as good in the summertime as they will produce a cooler airflow.
They are extremely efficient at saving energy, which will save you money on your heating bills which can be a very welcomed feature of the mini-split heat pumps, they are also very easy to install and to actually maintain, in the majority of cases you will simply need a 3 in a hole in your wall to connect them.
In the winter it will act like a heater or a furnace that will be used to warm you up and in the summer it will act like an air conditioner. This makes them a great product all year round and can be very helpful to have around your house.
The Best Mini-Split Heat Pumps
It can be difficult purchasing the perfect mini-split heat pump for you if you do not know exactly what it’s that you are looking for.
Luckily for you, we’ve gathered all of the relevant information that you may need to help determine what is the best pump for you and your specific needs, so with that being said, let’s get started.
One of the most irritating things that can happen with a heat pump is that they can sometimes create quite a lot of noise, that won’t be the case with this product as it will only produce 45 dB of noise, this makes it a very convenient product and useful to have around the house.
This particular device also comes with a remote that can be used to control the device and determine the temperature settings that it’s putting out, this can be very useful to have and will make controlling the temperature a much easier task.
It’s also an incredibly durable product that has been made to a seriously high quality.
As mentioned, mini-split heat pumps can often save you money on your energy bills and that is no different for this particular heat pump, it uses very little electricity to work which will save your money. You are also guaranteed a 30-day money-back.
So if the product isn’t for you then you have 30 days to make your mind up and get all of your money back, that may be very important to you as the mini heat pump systems are all quite expensive.
- Very quiet heat pump
- Comes with a remote that can be used to control the device temperature outputs
- Has a 30 day money back guarantee
- ENJOY A COMFY HOME no matter the outside temperature. Heat, cool and dehumidify up to 1,500 sf with our ductless mini split when outside temperatures are as low as -4F.
- SAVE YOUR MONEY. A whisper quiet ductless air conditioner uses very little electricity. No more power guzzling starts and stops. Save up to 60% with this high efficiency power mizer.
- TOTAL PEACE OF MIND. You'll never, ever worry about an AC problem with our 7/5 year warranty, 30 day money back guarantee, and U.S. based replacement parts and awesome service.
- Is a fairly expensive product
This particular device is available in many different sizes, you may find a particular size to be more beneficial for the area in which you live. If a device takes up too much space it can often be a very irritating thing so it may be very important that you consider the overall size of the device that you are purchasing.
It also offers a very quiet noise output which could make it a great product for somewhere like your bedroom where you will need the product to be operated at a very quiet level in order to get a full night’s sleep.
If a product was placed in a bedroom and produced a lot of noise you will find it extremely difficult to be able to get a full night’s sleep which could put you on a mini-split heat pump altogether. As the last on this list, it’s quite an expensive product so you will want to ensure that it’s perfect for you.
The device is also incredibly easy to install, this can also be considered as a very welcomed feature of the device as if you are someone who has struggled with DIY jobs in the past the next one you take on can be a very daunting process because you don’t want to break anything.
Luckily this device really is easy to install and you should have zero issues with doing that.
- Available in lots of different sizes which may be more beneficial to you and your living arrangements
- Very quiet product
- Easy to install
- Cooper & Hunter Sophia Single Zone 24,000 BTU Wall-Mount Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner With Heat Pump WiFi Ready (Additional USB adapter is required but NOT included)
- Uses 208-230V, ETL Intertek Approved, AHRI Certified. Works for heating with ambient temperature up to -13F°
- Whisper Technology for Quiet Operation, Great for Bedrooms, Additions,Living Rooms and Commercial Applications.
- On the expensive side.
Another mini split pump that is available in lots of different sizes, is the one that is manufactured by MRCOOL, this again can be very beneficial to you as it will mean that you may find a size that is more beneficial for the area that you want the mini-split heat pump to be located in.
You are also able to control the temperature of this device using the Smarthvac app. If the app doesn’t sound perfect for your use then it also comes with a remote that can be used to control the temperature output of the device, this may be easier if you are not very technically capable.
It also offers a very easy-to-install system so if you are someone that has been known to fail at DIY projects in the past then this shouldn’t be a worry any longer.
It has a low ambient cooling down feature that will cool down to 5 degrees Fahrenheit, this makes it the perfect mini heat split pump for things such as greenhouses.
It’s also protected by any leakages by an alarm system, this will protect your investment further. This is highly important as the heating system is quite expensive.
- Available in lots of different sizes
- Has a cool down feature making it perfect for places such as greenhouses
- Very easy to install
- Allows control through an app or the remote control
- Product Type : Electronic Component. Bundle Cooling Efficiency 19 SEER and Above
- Easy Diy Installation Pre-Charged R-410A 25Ft Quick Connect Line Doesn'T Require Special Tools Equipment Or Training
- New Smarthvac App Wifi Control - Compatible With Alexa And Google Assistant - You Can Control Your Diy Anywhere With Your Apple Or Android Smart Device And An Internet Connection
- Is again fairly expensive
Again this device is an incredibly good heat pump, it will be able to be controlled through a remote control which will make controlling the temperature that is being put out incredibly easy to manage.
You won’t even have to leave your seat to change the temperature making the convenience aspects of this device very high.
You are also offered a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty which will ensure that if anything has gone wrong with the mini-split heat pump you are able to get it fixed or your money back, which is again really important as this is an expensive product.
A warranty may be what helps you decide as your investment will be fully protected. It’s also of an incredibly durable construction as it’s built to a very high quality.
As well as this it’s also fitted with a timer which will further ensure that you are able to save money on your energy bills as you can simply set a timer for the device to turn off and you won’t be using it unnecessarily.
This can come in very handy in terms of both saving money and maintaining the product.
- Easy to control the temperature through the remote
- Able to be turned off by a timer which will save you money in the long run
- Very durable product that is built to a high level of construction
- 5 year warranty
- Required, but not included: 1/4" x 5/8" line set | The new VIREO+ Wall Mount units brings dramatic new performance and style to every room. Never before has it been so easy to maintain constant indoor comfort, no matter the outdoor conditions.
- Vireo+ has you covered with a multitude of features that help you live well and stay comfortable, all controlled easily either with the wireless infrared remote controller or optional wired controller.
- Gree Vireo+ has an option to upgrade to Universal Wi-Fi Technology by purchasing the Wi-Fi Kit WSBEC02. With this kit, you will be able to control your unit from your smartphones or tablets anywhere, as long as you have Wi-Fi access. With the advanced I FEEL mode, for example, Vireo+ senses the temperature surrounding the remote controller, then adjusts airflow and temperature accordingly to create maximum comfort in all the right places.
- Is again quite an expensive product
This particular device is very quiet during its operation, this makes it the perfect kind of heat pump to be located in a place like a bedroom. This will ensure that when the machine is in use that it’s not making lots of noise that are preventing you from getting your full sleep.
It’s also fitted with sleep mode and a 24-hour timer, this will save money on your energy bills and also ensure that it’s not being overused as it will turn off after 24 hours.
It’s also fitted with a smart sensor that is able to determine what temperature it’s putting out, this adds to the convenience of the product as you will not always have to manually adjust it to get it to put out a temperature that is comfortable for you and anyone that is sharing the space with you.
Though cheaper than some of the others on this list it’s a fairly expensive product. Although it does have a smart sensor that can help determine the right temperature you are also able to adjust it with a remote control which can be extremely helpful in some cases.
It’s also incredibly easy to maintain as it’s installed with self-cleaning and self-diagnosis so if any issues have popped up with the system you will be made aware of them.
- 24 hour timer
- Smart sensor that will automatically adjust
- Very easy to maintain
- [ENERGY EFFICIENT COOLING] This 18000 BTU/h, 22 SEER, 230V/60Hz, 9 HSPF, AHRI Certified pre-charged air conditioner unit features a ductless mini split inverter plus system with a heat pump and dehumidification.
- [AUTOMATIC SYSTEM] This air conditioner is designed with several smart settings that make it easy to use: auto defrost, self-diagnosis/cleaning, I feel mode, 24 hour timer, sleep mode, eco energy saving mode, multiple fan speeds and intelligent compressor pre-heating.
- [SMART SENSOR] The unit will sense room temperature at the remote control, instead of at the indoor unit during cooling mode. It then adjusts airflow and temperature accordingly, resuling in the ultimate in personal comfort control and energy savings.
- Like mentioned, although it’s cheaper than some of the products on this list it still is quite expensive
Mini-Split Heat Pump Buyers Guide
The durability of a product is important regardless of what the product actually is, so it should always be one of the most important things that you are considering when you are making your decision.
This doesn’t change when you are looking at mini-split heat pumps. This can be determined by how high quality the build of the machine actually is, all of the above products are built to a high quality and therefore are incredibly durable.
Durability can also be determined by how easy the machine is to maintain. What that means is being kept in a good working condition, that can be anything from proper cleaning of the device to how easy it’s to replace a broken part.
Many of the above-listed products are incredibly durable and easy to maintain.
Which, as mentioned should be at the forefront of your mind, if a product is not very durable then it will not be very long-lasting like stated above the appliances are quite expensive so you want to ensure that theft will be able to operate for a very long time.
This isn’t necessarily the most important aspect of the device but it can come in very handy so may be important to you, if a device has a remote control it means that you can very easily control the temperature output and manage it in a way that you want.
Some of the devices even come with the ability to download an app that can be used to manage the temperature that the device is putting out. They will help with the overall convenience aspects of the product.
So if convenience is important to you then if the device comes with a remote control or an app that you can download it can be very important for you and for that reason should be considered as important.
They will make the device very easy to manage for you. Temperatures can often be very difficult to maintain to a comfortable level if you do not have a device in place to manually control them.
Smart sensors can work in place of a remote in many cases, what they do is automatically change the temperature of the room that the device is placed in by picking up naturally hot or cold it actually is.
These can be very handy features especially if the device doesn’t have a remote or app for you to manually control the temperature output, they can often end up saving you a little money as well because they will not be using the same amount of energy all the time.
For that reason, a mini-split heat pump with smart sensors should be very high on your priority list and definitely something that you should be considering if you are looking to save money on your energy bills.
Another very handy feature when it comes to saving money on your energy bills is if the device comes with a timer. This will mean that you are able to set a time for the device to actually be in operation, sometimes it can be very easy to forget that the device is in operation, particularly if it’s a quiet device.
This can be very useful for you when you have to go to work and nobody is going to be home to manually adjust the temperature output.
This is also useful in scenarios like when you fall asleep and don’t want it to be running all night, you can simply set the temperature and the timer and let it turn off all by itself and you won’t have to worry about a thing.
Easy To Install
Again the easy-to-install nature of a device is highly important as if you are a person who has previously struggled with DIY jobs you will know how irritating it’s if you can’t set a device up properly.
Many of the above-listed products are incredibly easy to install and maintain and shouldn’t present any issues for you in that regard.
But like mentioned if you are someone who has previously struggled then this should be high on your priority list.
The size of the device should be determined on what location you are going to set your device up in, if it’s a bigger room with lots of space then you will need a bigger one to ensure that the room is properly being covered by the temperature output.
If you are in a smaller location then it will be beneficial to have a much smaller product.
This is obviously left for you to determine but should be very high on your priority list again as if it takes up too much room it can really be off-putting to you, so for that reason, the size of the mini-split heat pump should be very important to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is It So Helpful To Have A Timer On The Device?
If you are planning on using the device overnight then it may come in very handy to be able to set a timer so that the device will turn off.
The reason for this is that it will save you money on your energy bills and be very helpful when you want the device to be turned off when you are not home.
This will ensure that that happens. It will do it all by itself once you have set the desired time that you want the device to be turned off at.
Why Are Smart Sensors Helpful?
They’re helpful because they will automatically adjust the temperature output of the device.