If you’ve been looking for a generator, you’ve probably heard of Generac Power Systems. Generac is a well-known generator brand, with models available in a wide range of sizes to fulfill a wide range of needs.
The company is well known for its home backup generators, but they also provide a wide range of goods, including ultra-portable and quiet camping generators as well as high-capacity commercial portable generators.
Generac Generator Reviews
Generac introduces new models regularly so there is always something new for you to look out for. Here are the best Generac generators you can find on the market right now.
- Fuel – gasoline
- Tank size – 1.2 gallons
- Run time – 10.75 hours at 25% capacity
- Surge power – 2200 watts
- Running power – 1700 watts
Because each device, regardless of capacity, provides immense power, the GP Series is one of the most popular that Generac makes. This generator, the 7117 GP2200i, is excellent for outdoor activities.
This is an easy-to-operate model with a simple control panel. It has low oil and low fuel warning lights, a power turning knob, and shielded power outlets for increased safety (USB port, 12 volt DC, and 120 volt AC).
Given the compact lightweight construction and 1.2-gallon fuel tank, it has a rated working time of nearly 11 hours, which is incredible for a generator of this size.
If you use the parallel capabilities, you’ll have enough power for tailgating or other activities which require a load of power.
The three power modes that maintain Generac generators fuel-efficient are other interesting features.
TruePower Technology on this model reduces harmonic distortion, making it safe to charge sensitive gadgets like DSLR cameras, mobile phones, and laptops directly.
Overall, this is an excellent generator given its relativity small size.
- TruePower Technology – allows you to safely power up your smaller gadgets like your phone or camera with them being overloaded
- Long run time – a run time of 11 hours is almost unheard of for a generator of this size
- Quiet, Compact, Easy to use. AC rated output running Watts: 1700, AC maximum output starting Watts: 2200. Rated 120 VAC Amperage-14.1
- Truepower technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools and appliances while the 1.2 gallon fuel tank allows...
- Built-in handle makes it easy to transport and the integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob simplifies startup procedures
- Possibly unstable power output – some customers have reported that the power output of this generator is a bit hit and miss, though this is not an issue with everyone.
- Fuel – gasoline
- Tank size – 1.6 gallons
- Run time – 5.8 hours at 25% capacity
- Surge power – 3000 watts
- Running power – 2300 watts
The Generac GP3000i is one of the most powerful inverter generators that you can buy. This gadget has 3000 watts of power thanks to the PowerRush Technology, which increases surge capacity by 50%.
This variant is slightly heavier than the other similar generators, weighing over 60 pounds, yet it’s still transportable thanks to the built-in carrying handle.
It’s also relatively quiet, so you won’t bother your neighbors if you use it for powering some parts of your home. It’s also very useful for amping or RVing due to its quiet features
TruePower Technology is included in this edition, allowing you to connect it to sensitive devices without the danger of them being destroyed.
The control panel contains two USB ports, allowing you to charge two different electronic devices at once.
The GP3000i is one of many inverters that may work in parallel.
Adding a second inverter to your power source gives you nearly the same amount of power as many larger and bulkier portable generators while keeping your power source compact.
This is why it’s a favorite for those who need a power source on the go.
- PowerRush Technology – gives you high starting power
- Parallel capable – allows you to hook up another generator to this one if you are not getting enough power for your needs
- PowerRush Advanced Technology delivers over 50% more starting capacity allowing you to do more with less. *Increases electrical current upon...
- Quiet Inverter Power reduces sound emissions and provides optimal performance. Economy mode automatically adjusts engine speed to save fuel and...
- TruePower Technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools and appliances. Parallel Ready to connect two GP3300i...
- Heavy – though ideal for those who travel a lot in an RV or for people who like camping, transporting this generator may be an issue due to it weighing 60lbs
- Fuel – gasoline
- Tank size – 7.2 gallons
- Run time – 10 hours on 50% capacity
- Surge power – 6875 watts
- Running power – 5500 watts
Do you need a dependable, heavy-duty generator with an extended operating time? Then you should try out the 5978 GP7500. This generator has excellent power, is fuel-efficient, and is suited for outdoor use, thanks to its large never-flat tires and stronger steel frame.
It has a steady power rating of 7500 watts and a surge power rating of 9375 watts, making it suitable for larger electronic equipment and devices, as well as providing electricity to a complete household during power outages.
It has a 7.5-gallon gasoline tank that can run for 11 hours at 50% load when fully charged, showing just how fuel-efficient this generator is.
The control panel has five different power outlets, an hour meter for tracking maintenance needs, circuit breakers, and a simple on/off button.
Overall, this is a simple control generator that may be used on construction sites as well as in the home.
- Easy to use – the control panel is simply designed and with all indicators labeled for ease of use
- Very powerful – this generator can power a whole home or construction site if necessary
- Generac 420cc OHV engine for long engine life and consistent power
- Single touch electric start provides hassle-free start-up
- Hour Meter / Low-oil level shutdown / covered outlets
- Gets hot – after it has been running for a while, you will notice this generator gets quite hot. Avoid touching it just in case to prevent any injury or burns
- Fuel – gasoline
- Tank size – 16 gallons
- Run time – 10 hours at 50% capacity
- Surge power – 22,500 watts
- Running power – 15,000 watts
This powerful portable generator from Generac is advertised as having excellent performance and low maintenance requirements. It has a 992cc OHVI engine with 22,500 watts of surge output and 15,000 watts of steady power.
Its massive 16-gallon gasoline tank allows it to run at 50% load for a full 10 hours, making it a true workhorse.
It has enough power to run most household appliances, but its reinforced steel cradle and rough track tires make it ideal for construction sites.
The user-friendly design has a simple and uncomplicated control panel, electronic start, and a full-pressure lubrication system that keeps the engine in good working order for a longer period of time.
It’s not the cheapest option, but the amount of power it can give makes it a viable alternative to even more expensive home standby generators.
- Very powerful – can be used to power your home or on a construction site
- Easy to use – the simple design makes using this generator very easy
- Generac 992cc OHVI engine incorporates full pressure lubrication with automotive style spin on oil filter for a longer life engine
- Electric start with battery (included) and plug-in battery charger jack
- Hour Meter / Low-oil level shutdown / Idle control reduces noise and conserves fuel
- Not very fuel-efficient – Running this generator at maximum capacity may end up costing you more with giving you less power
- Fuel – Natural gas (by connecting to the main gas line) and propane
- Tank size – Connected to LP/Natural Gas Supply
- Run time – unlimited
- Surge power – 22,000 watts
- Running power – 19,500 watts
The 70432, is a large generator with a huge capacity. It has 22,000 watts surge output and 19,500 watts of continuous power. While it’s used on a lot of construction sites, it’s an equally popular home standby generator.
It’s sufficient for most residences to sit out a power outage for an unlimited period of time because it’s directly connected to the home natural gas or LP supply.
TruePower Technology, which eliminates harmonic distortion, Mobile Link Remote Monitoring, and RhinoCoat, which gives a long-lasting coating, are all included in this model.
The Guardian Series is a popular choice among homeowners since it offers reliable power and several financing options.
A bilingual LCD control panel is also included in this version, which is covered by a weather-resistant RhinoCoat covering.
- Mobile Link Remote Monitoring – get live updates on how much power your generator is using
- RhinoCoat – as this generator will always be outside, this weatherproofing will protect it for years
- Up to whole house protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
- Smart, User-friendly controls; Generac evolution controller features a multilingual LCD display that allows you to Monitor Battery status and...
- 240 volts supply
- Expensive to install – the installation may be the most expensive part of getting this generator as it has to be connected to the main gas line
- Fuel – natural gas or liquid propane
- Tank size – Connected to LP / Natural Gas Supply
- Run time – unlimited
- Surge power – 11,000 watts
- Running power – 10,000 watts
A backup generator that turns on automatically when the power goes out is a good alternative if you are not technically savvy and want a gadget that is as hands-off as possible. 11,000 watts is enough to power a small household even when multiple appliances are running at the same time.
The best part about this generator though is that you won’t have to worry about anything because the technician will handle everything for you, including connecting to your home’s LP supply so you won’t have to worry about recharging.
Because Generac includes Mobile Link Remote Monitoring, which allows you to check in on your power at any time via your mobile device and makes it easy for specialists to check for any defects, this is a fantastic option for people who aren’t at home as frequently.
It also has low harmonic distortion, making it a safe and stable power source for sensitive electronics.
- A good standby generator – very useful if you live in an area that may get frequent storms that cause power outages
- Mobile Link Remote Monitoring – keep an eye on the power usage from anywhere
- Save up to 8,000 dollars in product and installation costs (when compared to competitive output products)
- Takes up 70% less space (when compared to competitive output products)
- PWRview, Generac's home energy management system, allows generator owners to monitor and manage home energy usage, leading to a reduction in...
- Expensive to install – as you need to get someone out to install this generator, it can be very pricy